Comparing and Ordering Decimals can be good for your health.

Comments

• Aug 7 2010 10:58 PM

Rita Nutsch

This resource was matched by a member of the Brokers of Expertise Standards Matching Team.

• May 18 2009 4:47 PM

Could be used for fourth grade // Erica Rood

I just previewed this resource and it fits in perfectly with what I am currently teaching in my fourth grade class. I plan to show it to my students and use the accompanying worksheet tomorrow. I used the video yesterday with my fourth grade class to teach the standards ordering and comparing decimals. The students were relatively engaged throughout the video although they found it WAY too easy. I teach a very high achieving math group, and I think this video would would be better used with a class in need of remediation. The worksheet was good practice, but again, many of my students did not find it challenging enough. I'm surprised the website is designated for sixth graders!

Contributed By

Description

"Mathnavox" interactive video (Alberta CA Dept of Education) allows users to compare fat content of grocery products to find the most nutritious items. Students drag and drop decimal numbers onto a number line. Assessment tools are provided as a downloadable file

Learning Registry Activity

Bookmarks

Topics and Grades

Grade: 6

Topics: Parts of a Whole (Fractions, Decimals & Percent), Counting & Place Values, Mathematics, Number Sense

Standards

Tags/Keywords