Multiple Meaning Words Game for 1 or 2 players

Comments

• Apr 27 2011 2:11 PM

Excellent Resource // Heather Koczian

A fun tool to help students with homographs.

• Jul 31 2010 12:12 PM

Gail Zeigler

This resource was matched by a member of the Brokers of Expertise standards matching team.

• Mar 19 2010 10:44 PM

Multiple Meaning Word Game // Kyle Castleman

This lesson seems like a great tool. It is especially nice that it is in the form of a game so it will be more enjoyable for the students to participate.
  • Jun 10 2009 7:41 AM

Multiple Meaning word game, 1-2 players // Curtis Rogers

I used this site in my classroom last week with my students and they really enjoyed and couldn't wait to try it again. The format giving them a choice of difficulty inspired them as one student pulled ahead so the other student tried harder difficulty questions to catch up and did. The fact that they were practicing standard 1.6 was an added bonus. I have a class full of EL learners and this was challenging for some of them but also enlightening. I will recommend this to other teachers here as well as to my own children.
  • Jun 1 2009 12:49 PM

Multiple Meanings Word Game for 1 to 2 Players // Janet Anders

My 4th grade students used this for standard 1.6. It was a fun game and a good review. Even the students who were not ESL found a couple of them tricky. I prefer to use it as a game for two players for the ESL students since they had some good discussions. Highly recommended!
  • May 31 2009 2:05 PM

Multiple Meaning Word Game // Jeannette Vessells

I didn't get a chance to utilize this resource with my class this year, but I had my 4th grade daughter play this game and she enjoyed it. I will definitely use this resource with my 4th grade class next year, to teach Reading standard 1.6.

Contributed By

Description

Jeopardy format game. Select within a category for $200-$1000 dollars. You see two definitions for the same word. You have to guess which word is being described. Example: something that goes with a hammer OR part of your finger or toe. Enter the correct word that matches both definitions and win the 'money.'

Learning Registry Activity

Bookmarks

Topics and Grades

Grade: 3 to 6

Topics: Vocabulary & Spelling, English-Language Arts

Standards

Resource Pedagogy

Resource Type/Classification:

• Interactives

Tags/Keywords

Instructional Strategy

Grouping: Computer Assisted Instruction; Self-paced Learning Modules; Large Group Instruction

Teaching Method: Skill Building; Educational Game; Hands-on Learning

Assessment Type: Informal