Khan Academy

Comments

• Apr 28 2011 10:03 AM

Good for Students and Teachers // Bob Bachmeier

These are well focused videos that are great for students, but also can help teachers to increase their content knowledge, or see other strategies for developing lessons.

• May 1 2009 11:07 AM

Solve Systems of Equations // Victoria Williams

I used this with a child I tutor and showed him the video about solving systems by elimination. We paused it and worked through the problems that were proposed by "Sal" and then my student was able to see it worked out. It gave my student a chance to understand the technique as well as showed him how there is more than one solution path. I really like these! Unfortunately, YouTube is blocked at my school site so I haven't been able to use them with my classroom students.
    • May 4 2009 10:59 AM

download to your desktop // Micheline LeBlanc

You can use Download Media helper if you are a Firefox user http://www.downloadhelper.net/tutorial.php?id=_aiLaD83TY8 and download the video to your computer. You can also download using a Zamzar.com
  • Apr 16 2009 8:39 PM

High quality and to the point // Bob Waterman

I do wish I could use the video resources from Khan Academy in my class. I viewed one tonight, then I had my 8th grade son watch one to learn how to complete his Algebra HW. It took him 5 minutes to watch, but he was able to learn from it. very impressive.
  • Apr 14 2009 8:47 PM

Khan Site // Rose Ann Morris

Wow! Great find!

Contributed By

Description

A large set of videos with explanations of solutions to CST released questions from basic math though Algebra and other subjects. The videos are housed at the YouTube site. Teachers may have to download at home since YouTube may be blocked at school.

Learning Registry Activity

Bookmarks

Topics and Grades

Grade: 7 to 9

Topics: Algebra I, Mathematics

Resource Pedagogy

Resource Type/Classification:

• Interactives

Tags/Keywords

Instructional Strategy

Grouping: Large Group Instruction

Teaching Method: Tutorial; Demonstration