Peer Edit with Perfection: Teaching Effective Peer-Editing Strategies

Comments

• Aug 29 2010 7:30 PM

Gail Zeigler

This resource was matched by a member of the Brokers of Expertise standards matching team.

• Aug 15 2010 8:59 PM

Teresa Tindill

This resource was matched by a member of the Brokers of Expertise Standards Matching Team.

• May 25 2009 5:37 PM

Peer Editing // Deborah Pulskamp

This peer editing unit has multiple opportunities for the students to practice before they edit another's work. The majority of my students enjoyed it and gave useful comments. The Powerpoint tutorial is suggested as a small group activity. I used it whole group and then directed students who needed more assistance to replay it on their computers. I used this in conjunction with "Writing for a Purpose: A Letter to New 4th Grader as year end wrap up activity. Next year I will start the peer editing earlier in the year.

Contributed By

Description

In this ReadWriteThink lesson, students use a three-step peer-editing process that consists of compliments, suggestions, and corrections. They practice the techniques on sample student writing and view a PowerPoint tutorial to help reinforce the process. Students then create a peer-editing assessment tool.

Learning Registry Activity

Bookmarks

Topics and Grades

Grade: 3 to 5

Topics: English-Language Arts, Reading Comprehension, Writing Strategies

Standards

Tags/Keywords