Task Option #2: Leading Deep Conversations in Collaborative Inquiry Groups:
- Review the Sample Question Sets for Framing Deeper Conversations in Teacher Inquiry Groups (Resource 2, Nelson et al., p. 8) to support or deepen your conversation on these indicators.
- With a trusted partner or in an existing collaborative learning group, try out one or more of these questions sets, adapting them as needed, for one or more of the following:
- examining instructional practices in integrated or designated ELD;
- discussing learning expectations for English learner work;
- identifying patterns in English learner work;
- connecting English learner work to instructional practice;
- examining classroom assessment practices with English learners.
- Reflect on the benefits and challenges these kinds of questions produce on your group discussion.