Sample Responses

What are some of the things you noticed as you reviewed the performance task items?

Which assessment item type would you select to gather information on students' ability to integrate knowledge and skills across standards and/or across content areas?

"I would use the performance task method to gather information on students' ability to integrate knowledge and skills across standards and/or across content areas and selected response to gather information on students' ability to recall information. The performance task method will provide me with information on students' depth of understanding of content knowledge as they complete complex tasks and communicate their thinking or reasoning."

Which would you choose to gather information on students' ability to recall information? Describe the rationale for your decisions.

"Selected response is a quick method for assessing recall so I would use that method to gather information efficiently. I could also use a short answer or matching constructed response."