What assessment methods described in Unit 2 did you observe being used in the video clips?
Selected response (response cards, multiple choice, matching), constructed response (oral explanation of evidence/defense of answer).
In what ways did these video examples expand or change your understanding of the formative assessment process?
- I have ideas for different strategies than those I already use.
- I have a deeper understanding of the importance of using formative practices to guide my teaching minute by minute, based on students' needs
- I understand that formative assessment is a process and not an isolated moment in a timed assessment activity.
What formative practices from these examples could you apply in your own classroom?
- I could use response cards in small groups or with the whole class.
- I like the idea of having students defend their answers by giving the rationale for their choices.
- I can increase the use of meaningful, purposeful partner talk during instruction.