Formative Assessment That Improves Learning
There is increasing agreement that assessment improves learning when it is used to support five key strategies in learning:
- Clarifying, sharing, and understanding learning intentions and criteria for success
- Engineering classroom discussions, activities, and tasks that elicit evidence of student achievement
- Providing feedback that moves learning forward
- Activating students as learning resources for one another
- Activating students as owners of their own learning"
— Wiliam 2011